Monday, November 20, 2006

gregglory.com ~~ Watch This Space

Dear All:

This November, I'm participating in National Novel Writing Month, started by
nanowrimo.org. The goal is to write a 50,000 word novel by the end of
November, having started on November 1st. This averages out to a little
over 1500 words a day that need to be written.

Hemingway at his top rate set himself the disciplined goal of writing 500
words per day for his novel-writing. By this math, my novel should be a
little more than 3 times worse than a Hemingway novel.

I figure, if I am to do this thing during National Novel Writing Month
("nanowrimo"), I may as well do it under the spotlight and on a highwire.
The home page of gregglory.com will be updated every day by noon. Oh, there
will be a farrago of spelling errors and plot drops! This is writing in the
raw. A keyboard, a brain, and a headcold.

Each day, yesterday's writing will be automatically deleted, and the new
day's barbaric yawp will be standing shining in its place, dew-lovely as the
dawn.

Suggestions for chapters are welcome. Just reply to this email. For those
of you who want to call, I will be home in bed every night by 10PM. I hope
to make each installment a short chapter for continuity's sake, and so I
don't have to bother remembering the plot as I plod along.

Why am I doing this? I have always wanted to write a kids' novel, and have
never done it. The title will be revealed tomorrow when the novel-writing
begins.

Sincerely,
Gregg