Sunday, February 26, 2006

Anne Coulter's Ode: Julie Androschick Debuts Polemical Broadsheet












Julie Androschick is debuting on BLAST PRESS and this website with a harsh, hilarious polemical anti-neoconman
poem. The broadsheet is a large 11" x 17" heavy bond paper with a full illustration on the verso.
Julie runs, along with a few other key players, the Poetry Reading at the Telephone Bar in NYC, now in its tenth year.





Anne Coulter's Ode

Julie Androshick


Neocon man, oh neocon man
Just seeing you makes my day
Your shirt is starched and your jacket is straight
Your hair is Kevlar grey

Your lips are thin and your voice is tin
You stride with unswerving decision
Your twisted plans for foreign lands
Ignite me like nuclear fission

Neocon man, oh neocon man
I’m intoxicated with your power
I giggle and blush and feel the rush
Of a blossoming Clauswitzian flower

Neocon man, oh neocon man
Could you possibly fancy this girl?
We could drink ourselves drunk with discussion
Of dominating the world

I shudder with the thought
Of everything that you could teach me
Of liberals who fear and tremble
As you trample them with Nietzche

Talk to me of places
That you will handle with a bomb
Of soldiers who will meet their death
In a war that won’t be won

Take me in your arms
And caress me with ideology
Whisper to me of death and doom
And explain it through tautology

Your Imperial bedroom is black and blue
Your bed is made of steel
The women you bed there (besides your wife)
Are paid to make you feel

Your photos of Leni Reifenstahl
Are authentic to be sure
Your recordings of McCarthy
Are music to my ears

Neocon man, oh neocon man
You’re the answer to my dreams
Your sadistic ways and hip hoo-rees
Change the cruelest of regimes

After you have climaxed
To the sound of your own delusions
We’ll cuddle up and have a smoke
And block realities intrusion

Alas, my little neocon man
This is just a silly game
I wouldn’t dare go near someone
Who’s categorically insane

Neocon man, oh neocon man
Please don’t look at me that way
Your game’s deceit and I complete
The way you like to play

Of the fact that you want to fuck me
I’ve never been more sure
But my forked tongue and mendacious fun
Are only meant to torture


2/25/2006